Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The truth about having 3 young kids... it's hard!


Batman Party for the 4 year old.

Minnie Mouse Party for the 2 year old.

First of all, I am so embarrassed at how long it has taken me to write another post.  This whole three kids thing is NO JOKE!  Anytime you see a Mom juggling three small children acting like its no big deal- She's lying! If there is one thing I can't stand in life- it's when Mom's don't admit to how hard parenthood can be.  It doesn't make you a bad parent or mean you don't love your kids if you come out and tell the truth that it can be complete chaos.  Mom's need to stick together,  even commiserate every so often.  Its good for the soul:) With that rant out of the way, here is whats happening in my life.  Its not all rainbows and butterflies but as crazy as it is, its our life and we are figuring it out.  So much to update and some pictures to share.  First of all, we have had some birthdays.  Carter turned "4" on May 30 and Miss Paige was "2" on June 21.  
New Cinderella Bike
All business about these presents.
















My kids are just like their Mama and they LOVE to get some presents.  Paige was so excited she couldn't speak and  Carter was so excited he was squealing. I must say, I can't blame them.


The two "big" kids have been doing pretty well adjusting to their new baby brother.  Carter loves him so much and is always keeping tabs on him and letting me know when I didn't burp him well enough and reminding me constantly that if I would have done it right the baby wouldn't have thrown up.  It's always nice to have a four year old tell you how to parent.  Paige's entire day is consumed with gathering paci's and blankies and following me around the house with them so she can care for HER baby.  Apparently she owns Easton.  My sweet, princess Paige is turning into a little terror.  Do not be fooled by the golden locks of curls, bright blue eyes and winning smile.  This girl can tear a house up!  She is sassy, smart, adorable, such-a-typical-2-year-old, and maybe more than a tiny bit naughty (gasp!)  Right now her favorite thing to do is take off her diaper and leave it in random places around my house.  Why don't I potty train her you may ask?  Allow me to share, I can hardly find time to get to the bathroom myself, my baby cries a lot and doesn't sleep, my kids attempt to antagonize each other at every waking second and basically I'm too tired!  Sorry, its the truth.  Other than that- things are smooth sailing:)  No really, its not that bad.  Well, maybe a little bad but definitely not terrible.  


Matt and I have been looking for something to do in the summer.  We love the sun and hate being stuck in the house when its nice out.  We decided to buy a pontoon to keep on Lake Fenton.  We have only been out three times and already think its probably the best purchase ever made.  Carter and Paige love swimming and Carter even met up with his friend on he lake and went tubing.  (What is he, 14?)  


Snoozing in his SPF 50 tent.  Yes, he also has a fan.






Why am I wearing this hat??
Easton has been doing well.  He is a tricky baby.  Shocking, I know.  He isn't much of a sleeper and he likes to holler at us.  To be honest it makes me kind of sad.  I literally try so hard to make him happy and sometimes it just doesn't work.  Carter and Paige were good babies.  Slept well and not very fussy.   He is a different story.  I know he has been through so much but I'm hoping he comes around soon as starts to enjoy us.  I just keep telling him that I love him even if he is bitter:)  His breathing has improved dramatically.  He seems much more comfortable and it doesn't seem to be such an effort anymore.  Our latest concern is his weight.  He is 8 weeks old and only weighs 7 1/2 pounds.  He only gained 6 ounces in the last 3 weeks and he should be gaining 5-8 ounces per week.  The most concerning part is that he eats all the time.  We have a couple new strategies we are trying out and will see the doctor next Wednesday and hope to see some improvement.  Regardless of all the issues, he is my little man and I think he is way too cute!  Everyday I count my blessings to have him in my home.  I still can't believe everything that happened to him and I will never take for granted the miracle of his life.


I was able to write this post because of a small miracle happening in my house.  All three kids napping at once.  That miracle is now over.  I must tend to my favorite little people.  







1 comment:

  1. love the post! the grocery cart pic is my fav! I totally would've gotten right back in the car and went home:) Sending all my love and strength your way!!!

    ReplyDelete